Activity and Service fees (A&S fees) paid by students when registering for classes provide the majority of funding for the Department of Recreational Sports. Membership rates and access policies are established to protect the interests of fee paying students.
Details about requirements for each membership classification are provided after the fee schedule.
The recreation and fitness centers' policies were developed by the Recreational Sports Board of Directors and approved by the Vice President for Student Affairs. The Associate Director for Facility Operations has been granted the authority to make decisions concerning the interpretation of the policies and procedures.
Participants must present a valid Gator 1 Card for admittance into the recreation and fitness centers. False identification will be confiscated and turned over to University ID Card Services. Individuals who present false identification, or whose ID is presented by another individual may be suspended from the recreation and fitness centers as determined by the Associate Director for Facility Operations. Individuals who belong to the following classifications are eligible to purchase a RecSports membership by paying the appropriate fees.
Please contact the Membership Services office for more information, located inside the Administrative Offices of the Southwest Recreation Center.
Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 7 p.m.
University of Florida students currently enrolled in classes and who have paid the Activity & Service Fee are allowed to use all areas of the recreation and fitness centers.
University of Florida student spouses/partners are eligible to join the recreation and fitness centers by paying the appropriate fees.
Previously enrolled students, by paying the appropriate fees, are eligible to join the recreation and fitness centers for no more than one semester after their most recent semester of enrollment.
Students enrolled in off-book, online, distance education, residency or other University of Florida academic programs which do not require the payment of A&S fees are eligible to purchase a membership to the recreation and fitness centers by paying the appropriate fees.
Students participating in UF Innovation Academy receive a student membership in semesters when they are registered for classes which also include payment of A&S fees. In the semester in which Innovation Academy students are not paying A&S fees (typically fall) they may purchase the Innovation Academy Membership.
Faculty, Staff and Affiliates and their spouses/partners are eligible to join the recreation and fitness centers by paying the appropriate fees.
Newly Admitted Applicants are defined by the University of Florida as recently admitted traditional students who have yet to attend or register for courses at UF. They are eligible to purchase a membership to the recreation and fitness centers by paying the appropriate fees.
Newly Admitted UF Online Applicants are defined by the University of Florida as recently admitted degree-seeking UF Online students who have yet to attend or register for UF Online courses. They are eligible to purchase a membership to the recreation and fitness centers by paying the appropriate fees.
All requests for refunds must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Single use guest passes are not eligible for refunds.
3. Personal Training charges are not eligible for a refund.
4. Massage Therapy charges are not eligible for a refund.
5. Special Event charges are not eligible for refunds. These charges include but are not limited to single day events, tournaments and races.
1. Persons wishing to be a guest must purchase a $10 single use guest pass for access to a recreation and fitness center.
2. Guests must be at least 18 years old.
3. To gain access to a recreation and fitness center, guests must check-in with a government issued picture identification, a single use guest pass, and an accompanying sponsor.
4. Sponsors are responsible for the conduct and actions of their guests.
5. Faculty, Staff, and Spouses/Partners of Students/Faculty/Staff wishing to participate in sport clubs and Intramural Sports in the recreation and fitness centers may utilize the single use guest pass for access to the facility.
6. Guests that are not Faculty, Staff, and Spouses/Partners of Students/Faculty/Staff are not eligible to check out equipment, reserve courts, participate in personal training, intramural sports, and/or sport clubs.
7. Persons wishing to spectate intramural events must have a current UF student or RecSports member register for a spectator pass with the Membership Office Monday-Friday between 8 a.m.-7 p.m, by phone or in person.
|Classification||Summer A or B||Summer C||Fall or Spring|
|Currently Enrolled Student||Activity & Service Fee|
|Non-Credit Student (Previously Enrolled)||$30||$60||$100|
|Spouse/Partner of Currently Enrolled Student||$30||$60||$60|
|Previously Enrolled Student and Spouse/Partner||$60||$120||$160|
|Non Fee Paying Student||$30||$60||$100|
|Innovation Academy Student||$75|
|Classification||2 weeks||1 month||3 months||6 months||12 months||6 month weekend*||12 month weekend*|
|Faculty, Staff, Affiliates, Spouse/Partner||$50||$60||$150||$225||$400||$85||$150|
|Faculty, Staff, Affiliates purchased with Spouse/Partner||$85||$120||$300||$400||$700||$170||$300|
* The Weekend Membership allows for access to the recreation centers on Saturdays and Sundays for 6 or 12 months from the date of the membership purchase.
** The alumni membership does not grant participation in intramural sports.
Appropriate taxes will be added to the above fees. Membership Services office accepts cash, check or credit card (MasterCard, Visa, Discover or American Express). Non-student memberships are effective from date of purchase. Gator 1 Card must be presented when purchasing a membership.
The 12 month Faculty/Staff membership will deduct $26.63 from 16 pay periods. The 12 month Faculty/Staff and Spouse/Partner memberships will deduct $46.59 from 16 pay periods. A UF Employee Payroll Deduction Agreement will be signed at time of purchase. Please contact the Membership Services office for more information.