The purpose of the American Red Cross Swimming and Water Safety program is to teach people how to be safe in, on or around water and to teach individuals of different ages and abilities how to swim. The Water Safety Instructor course will train instructor candidates to teach water safety, including the Basic Water Rescue course, six levels of the Learn-to-Swim program as well as Parent and Child Aquatics. Certification is current for 2 years. This course is designed for individuals who want to pursue a job as a swimming instructor. Participants MUST attend all class dates.
- Be at least 16 years of age on or before the final scheduled lesson of this course.
- Successfully complete the Fundamentals of Instructor Training course.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform the following swimming skills:
- Swim the following strokes consistent with Level 4 Stroke Performance Charts
- Front Crawl (Freestyle) – 25 yards
- Back Crawl – 25 yards
- Breaststroke – 25 yards
- Elementary Backstroke – 25 yards
- Sidestroke – 25 yards
- Butterfly – 15 yards
- Maintain position on back for 1 minute in deep water (floating or sculling)
- Tread water for 1 minute
Spring 2019 Course Offerings:
- Session A; February 7th - March 21st:
- Thursday, Feb. 7th: 5 pm - 7 pm
- Thursday, Feb. 14th: 5 pm - 7 pm
- Thursday, Feb. 21st: 5 pm - 9 pm
- Thursday, Feb. 28th: 5 pm - 9 pm
- Tuesday, March 12th: 5 pm - 9:30 pm
- Thursday, March 14th: 5 pm - 9 pm
- Thursday, March 21st: 5 pm - 9 pm
For additional information, contact Jessica Dehn at (352) 273-2415 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- RecSports Member: $215
- RecSports Employee: $175
- Non-Member: $235
Register with RSconnect Refund Policies