Fall 2019 Personal Trainer Preparation Course
This 10 week personal training certification preparation course will prepare participants for the nationally accredited (NCCA) National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) Certification Exam. This class consists of educational presentations and hands-on activities related to core fitness areas including: exercise program design, human movement science, assessment of posture and function, liability and risk, nutrition, and behavior and communication. Although this course is not for academic credit, it does require a substantial time commitment both inside and outside of class. No prior experience is required.
Join us for any of our informational sessions to get all of the answers to your questions.
Dates: April 9th, May 21st, June 11th, July 9th
Location: SW Rec Arena Conference Room
Fall 2019 Course Information:
- Dates: Every Tuesday 3:30-5:30pm from August 27th – October 29th
- Location: Southwest Recreation Center
- Materials provided:
- NASM online video lectures and digital textbook chapters
- NASM Certification Exam study materials (practice exams, flashcards, practice activities, templates)
- NASM digital library of exercise technique demonstration
- Live presentations from experienced professionals and opportunities for practical application of content
- Course operating costs: $100 paid directly to Recreational Sports via RSConnect.recsports.ufl.edu (due July 26th)
- Failure to register with RecSports by July 26th will result in forfeit of roster reservation to other students on the waitlist
- NASM Certification Course and Exam: $519 paid directly to NASM via https://www.nasm.org (due by August 23rd)
Applications open Monday, April 8th.
Apply via e-mail to Cory Bennett (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Friday, July 12th. Applicants will receive a decision by Friday, July 19th.
1. In your application email, include the following information:
- First and last name
- Year in school (1st, 2nd, etc.)
- Phone number
- Number of academic course credits being taken during Fall 2019
- Confirm availability for ALL class days
- Expected graduation date
2. Attach a resume and single page letter of interest
- Keep your application materials unique and distinct!
- The letter of interest should explain both why you are interested in the course and why you believe you are a qualified applicant
Do you have further questions? If so, please contact:
Cory Bennett at email@example.com or 352-273-4056