EVOLVE: Fitness Symposium
- April 6-7, 2019
- EVOLVE stands for six important concepts, which serve as the foundation of this event: Energize, Vitalize, Optimize, Lead, Value, and Education. As the fitness industry morphs and changes, we hope to be a driver of this revolution. Through the sharing of ideas and the continuance of education, we can successfully move forward in fitness.
- April 5, 2019 ViPR® Pro Certification
- Questions? Contact Us!
- Over 12 hours of continuing education credits for ACE ©, AFAA ©, NASM ©, and PTA Global.
- EVOLVE T-Shirt (Based on registration timeline)
- Networking opportunities with dozens of schools across the Southeast Region!
- Two lunches & one social night w/ heavy hor d'oeuvres!
- An array of opportunities to EVOLVE!
- Registration Guide
|Registrant Type||Early Bird|
On or Before Feb 22
On or Before March 8
|No Guaranteed Shirt|
After March 8
ViPR® Pro Certification
- April 5, 2019 9am-5pm
- ViPR® Pro Certification $100 ($149 value)
- Hands-On Training with a ViPR PRO® Master Coach
- Identify proper technique with ViPR PRO® Fundamental Exercises
- Practice Coaching with ViPR PRO® to create a safe and effective training environment for yourself or clients
- Identify when and how to properly regress or progress a ViPR PRO® exercise
- Discover ViPR PRO® workouts designed for enhancing Mobility, Strength, Power and Metabolic Conditioning
- Gain insight on how we develop exercise programs using ViPR PRO®.
- ViPR PRO © Education Mobile App – Free ($99 value)
- Explore the training concept that supports the use of ViPR PRO® called Loaded Movement Training
- Investigate the many authentic ways in which to use ViPR PRO® for improving Strength, Mobility, Power and Metabolic Conditioning
- Discuss the unique scientific principles that justify the various adaptations that can be achieved with Loaded Movement Training
- Discover an exercise library with 100 exercises including regressions and progressions
- Explore authentic coaching strategies to safely and effectively implement ViPR PRO® in a training program
- Dive into a library of ViPR PRO® Workouts to enhance Mobility, Strength, Power and MetCon for various client capabilities
Want to present at EVOLVE? Submit a presentation proposal by January 25th! Presentation proposal decisions will be disbursed, via email, by February 20, 2019.
A native of Lucky Lake Saskatchewan Canada, John is a certified Strength, Health and Nutrition Coach and the Director of Programming for the Institute of Motion and ViPR PRO and the Co-founder of Seven Movements. John’s background in physical education and exercise science has helped him author and contribute to Health Coaching and Personal Training curriculums used by Universities and corporate club chains and has served as a foundation of preventative health for government. His role as a Director of Programming for IoM and ViPR PRO is the culmination of over 20 years of sports and health engineering. John has presented all over the world at the largest fitness conferences and consulted for some of the largest companies in the health and fitness space including Nike, SKLZ, 24HR Fitness, Equinox Fitness and Zumba. John was awarded as one of the Top Personal Trainers in the World to Watch in 2012, by Life Fitness and has represented Technogym, ViPR, Hyperwear, Pavigym, and Power Plate as a Master Trainer and educator. John resides in Sunrise Florida where he is a Co Founder and Co Owner of a private facility called "THE HIVE – Performance and Health"
Full Details coming soon on the UPACE Application in March!
- April 6, 2019 6-9PM
- Located along the old Railway System and next to the Cade Museum (named after the inventor of Gatorade®) this old Boxcar is the perfect spot to celebrate EVOLVE!
- Heavy Hor d'oeuvres
- Outside seating under pavilions and umbrellas
- 0.8 mile trail loop around cascading fountains
- 201 SE Depot Ave Gainesville, FL 32605
Red Roof PLUS+
3500 Southwest 42nd Street Gainesville, FL 32608 US
Cost: $110.49 USD/night
Code: B257EV405 (Book by March 5, 2019)
Courtyard by Marriott Gainesville
3700 SW 42nd Street Gainesville, FL 32608
Cost: $124.00 USD/night
Book your group rate for Evolve Conference
Hilton Garden Inn
4075 SW 33rd Place
Gainesville, Florida 32608
Cost: $124 USD/night
Group rate Hilton Garden for Evolve Conference
Hotels listed are within 5 mile radius of the Southwest Recreation Center and do not serve continental breakfast. Spots limited.
Things To Do: Get to know RecSports, UF & Gainesville
- Cost: Free
- Time: Open until Dusk
- Where: Enter through Gate 18 on corner of Gale Lemerand and Stadium Rd.
- Parking lifted at 4:30 PM & on Weekends
- Metered Parking available along University Ave., across from Stadium
- To Do: Get a workout, have a picnic or take a picture in "The Swamp"
- Cost: Free
- Time: Dusk
- Where: Museum Dr. Across from “Lake Alice”
- To Do: Watch the bats emerge from their house and take off into the night’s sky in search of insects in the Swamp! (Note: Look for Owls and Hawks perched on nearby branches just before dusk)
RecSports Facility Tours
- Cost: Free
- Time: 3:00-7:00p, April 5th, every ½ hour
- Where: Southwest Recreation Center
- To Do: Learn all about the Southwest Recreation Center as well as the other programming, facilities and services RecSports hosts across campus.
- Cost: Free
- Time: April, 5th 8:30pm-10:00pm (Weather permitting. Call (352) 392-1016)
- Where: End of Sweetwater Drive
- To Do: Look through a powerful telescope that protrudes through a retractable roof, into our solar system! Explore various planets, constellations, and galaxies while learning from scientists about astronomy!