At A Glance
- The 55-foot tall climbing wall located at the Lake Wauburg South Shore has 19 routes to challenge both novice and advanced climbers.
- A bouldering grotto is also available to improve climbing technique.
Like climbing at Lake Wauburg? Take it to the next level and get a belay card! Belaying is the safety technique used to control the rope and keep the climber safe while they climb. A belay card allows you to belay your friends at the climbing wall. This means no appointment is necessary to climb! Belay cards are only available to Gator 1 Card holders. Belay classes begin at the start of each day – Weekdays: 1:00pm and Weekend days: 10:00am. Belay classes are two hours long and we encourage you to take it with friends so that you may belay each other.
Belay Class/Belay Cardholders
- Only Gator 1 Card holders can take a Lake Wauburg belay class.
- If a belay cardholder has not belayed in one calendar month, the belay cardholder must be checked by staff for set up and technique prior to belaying.
- Belay cards will expire 1 year from the date of the last recorded visit to the climbing wall.
- Belay cards must be surrendered to Lake Wauburg staff when requested.
Climbing and Bouldering Policies
Lake Wauburg Policies
- Lake Wauburg's North Park and South Shore are open to current UF Students, Faculty, Staff and Affiliates with active Gator 1 Cards.
- A Gator 1 Card holder may bring up to 4 guests.
- Guests are to arrive in a vehicle with the Gator 1 Card holder or in the next immediate vehicle.
- The Gator 1 Card holder must remain with their guests.