Carolina Climbing Wall and Bouldering Grotto Policies
- Participants must have a current Gator 1 Card or be a guest of a Gator 1 Card holder to use facilities.
- All participants must complete a Participant Acknowledgement of Risk, Release and Agreement form in order to participate.
- Participants cannot use personal climbing equipment.
- Participants are allowed to wear personal climbing shoes.
- Participants must wear appropriate clothing and footwear to participate.
- Food and drinks must be kept away from all activity areas.
- Climbing on any of the equipment is permitted only with direction from the supervising staff member.
- Participants are responsible for any equipment they sign out.
- Chalk is not allowed on the climbing wall.
- Guests may only be belayed by a Gator 1 Card holder with a current belay card.
- A back-up belayer is required. This person is not required to have a belay card.
- Courtesy to others, appropriate language and behavior are required.
- One warning will be issued per participant for a policy infraction; second infraction will result in loss of privileges.
- Climbing wall staff will determine if it is safe to start or continue climbing.
Belay Class/Belay Cardholders
- Only Gator 1 Card holders can take a Lake Wauburg belay class.
- If a belay cardholder has not belayed in one calendar month, the belay cardholder must be checked by staff for set up and technique prior to belaying.
- Belay cards will expire 1 year from the date of the last recorded visit to the climbing wall.
- Belay cards must be surrendered to Lake Wauburg staff when requested.