All requests for refunds must be submitted via email to RSMembershipServices@ufsa.ufl.edu
- Members may cancel their Membership Agreement at any time; refunds are provided in accordance with the following:
- If a written notice of cancelation is received within three (3) business days from the date of purchase, a prorated refund will be provided. A $10 processing charge will be deducted from the refund amount.
- If a written notice of a cancelation occurs after three (3) business days from the date of purchase; Refunds may be granted under the following circumstances only:
- Member is no longer employed by the university
- Member will be moving out of Alachua County
- Member has documented medical circumstances that will prevent them from using the membership
- Refund requests for payroll deducted memberships will be submitted by RecSports to UF Payroll Services in accordance with the refund policies listed above.
- Former members who receives a refund must pay membership charges according to the current rate schedule if they wish to rejoin.
- RecSports Staff may suspend or terminate a Membership Agreement at any time for the following reasons: disorderly conduct, disruptive behavior, abuse of any RecSports facility, equipment, or staff, failure to follow RecSports rules, policies or guidelines, or university regulations and policies. A user asked to leave by the staff will not be refunded any paid charges.
- All members must sign a Participant Consent, Release and Waiver of Liability (Waiver) prior to participation. RecSports may terminate a Membership Agreement if the participant fails to sign the Waiver.
- Single use guest passes, Personal Training, and Massage Therapy charges are not eligible for refunds.
- Special Event charges are not eligible for refunds. These charges include but are not limited to single day events, tournaments and races.
Aquatic and Safety certification and training charges will be granted a refund or transfer under the following circumstances only:
- Lifeguard & Instructor classes – a partial refund will be provided in the event a participant does not pass the prerequisite skills evaluation. A $50 administrative charge will be deducted from the refund amount.
- Aquatic and Safety classes are not eligible for full refunds except in the event the member has documented medical circumstances that will not allow them to participate.
- Aquatic and Safety classes are eligible for full refund or free transfer of registration in the event of course cancellation by RecSports.
- Transfer of Course Registration
- An individual may request a transfer to a different offering of the same course.
- A $10 processing charge will be assessed in the event an individual is approved a course transfer.
- Transfer requests must be made in writing, at least 2 weeks prior to the scheduled class date, in order to be guaranteed approval. Requests made less than 2 weeks in advance will be reviewed on a case by case basis.Transfers must be approved and take place within one academic semester of the initial course registration.