View the Cameras & Counts page for info tracked live.
Individuals interested in purchasing a new membership may do so by visiting: https://recsports.ufl.edu/about/memberships/eligibility/ If you need any assistance with Membership related questions, please email us at RSMemberServices@ufsa.ufl.edu or call 352-273-2436.
The Southwest Recreation Center (SWRC) is a 147,000 sq. ft. state-of-the-art facility. More than two million students have used the SWRC since opening in the Fall of 1994.
See how busy the SWRC is before you go. Check out our web cameras.
• 21,000 sq. ft. Strength and Conditioning Room
• Six Indoor Basketball Courts
• Five Racquetball Courts
• Multipurpose Gymnasium for Indoor Soccer, Handball and Basketball
• 15,000 sq. ft. split-level cardio room with personal viewing screens
• First Floor includes state of the art cardio equipment, a functional fitness area with kettlebells, light-weight dumbbells, a throwing wall, and benches
• Second Floor includes state of the art cardio equipment and a 1/9 mile indoor track
• Two Massage Therapy rooms
• Personal Training studio
• Fitness Assessment Center (FAC)
• Athletic Training room
• Three Activity rooms
• Men’s and Women’s locker rooms with digital locks
• Day lockers
• Social lounge equipped with seating areas, flat screen TVs, and WiFi
3150 Hull Rd, Gainesville, FL 32611
The Southwest Recreation Center is located at the corner of Hull Road and Bledsoe Drive across from the Harn Museum and the Center for the Performing Arts.
Strength & Conditioning and Free Orientations
Southwest Recreation Center and Student Fitness & Recreation Center are staffed with trained Fitness Associates and Fitness Supervisors to ensure the safety of participants and assist in basic exercise selection or performing exercise that may need to be spotted.
We offer free orientations for anyone interested in learning more about the weight and cardio rooms.
• Having trouble finding your way around?
• Puzzled about getting set up with weight equipment?
• Curious about how to enhance your workout on cardio equipment?
Ask a Fitness Associate in our facilities to conduct your orientation today. Group orientations are also available