Stay Tuned for Fall 2019 Application Dates
Adventure Trips with the Center for Outdoor Recreation & Education (CORE) have been shown to decrease stress levels and increase a sense of belonging. The Department of Recreational Sports believes that these factors, in addition to physical activity, are key components of a successful student.
The CORE Grant awards up to $2,000 per academic year in hopes of reducing financial barriers for UF students to participate in valuable adventure trip and skills workshop experiences. CORE will award several grants in addition to a trip rental gear waiver.
CORE Grant Guidelines
- Students must submit an application in order to be considered for a grant. Each grant winner will be awarded a $160 voucher.
- The $160 can only be used for trip registrations. Students can use the funds to register for multiple trips or workshops if they choose.
- If the trip is priced higher than $160, the student will be responsible for paying any remaining balance.
- Rental gear cost associated with the trips chosen will be waived, including:
- Overnight Backpacking: headlamp, rain gear, backpack, sleeping bag, sleeping mat
- Overnight Paddling: headlamp, rain gear, sleeping bag, sleeping mat
- Grant money is valid and usable within 1 calendar year from the time is awarded.
- Grant winners have the opportunity to register for trips before they open to everyone. Grant winners will be nofitied of the registration timeline via e-mail.
- Registration is available at any time, however, CORE cannot guarantee that spots will be available.
- Must be a current UF student
- Students must have a minimum GPA of 2.5
- Students musts demonstrate financial need
Feel free to contact the CORE Coordinator, Amber Larkin, with any questions.