Apply for the Spring 2020 CORE Grant!
Adventure Trips with the Center for Outdoor Recreation & Education (CORE) have been shown to decrease stress levels and increase a sense of belonging. The Department of Recreational Sports believes that these factors, in addition to physical activity, are key components of a successful student.
The CORE Grant aims to reduce financial barriers for UF students to participate in valuable Adventure Trip and Skills Workshop experiences. Each Fall and Spring semester, CORE will award several $160 grants to UF students.
CORE Grant Guidelines
Apply for the CORE Grant!: Students must submit an application in order to be considered for a grant.
- Applications today at: https://ufl.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_5sFl4iI2YkXp4uF
- Applications close on March 16, 2020.
What You Receive: Each grant recipient will be awarded a $160 grant.
- The $160 can be used for Adventure Trip or Skills Workshop registrations. Students can use funds to register for multiple trips or workshops if they choose.
- If the registration price is higher than $160, the student will be responsible for paying any remaining balance.
- Rental gear cost associated with overnight Adventure Trips will be waived, including:
- Overnight Backpacking: headlamp, rain gear, backpack, sleeping bag, sleeping mat
- Overnight Paddling: headlamp, rain gear, sleeping bag, sleeping mat
- Grant money is only valid and usable within 1 calendar year from the time is awarded.
Priority Registration: Recipients will have the opportunity to register for Adventure Trips and Skills Workshops before they open to all students the semester after being awarded their grant. Grant winners will be notified of the registration timeline via e-mail at the beginning of each semester.
- However, grant recipients are not limited to priority registration. Trip and workshop registration is available at any time, but CORE cannot guarantee that spots will be available.
- Must be a current UF student
- Must have a minimum GPA of 2.5
- Must demonstrate financial need for the grant
Feel free to contact the Assistant Director for Outdoor Recreation, Braja Smith with any questions.