Apply for the Fall 2022 CORE Grant!
Adventure Trips with the Center for Outdoor Recreation & Education (CORE) have been shown to decrease stress levels and increase a sense of belonging. The Department of Recreational Sports believes that these factors, in addition to physical activity, are key components of a successful student.
The CORE Grant aims to reduce financial barriers for UF students to participate in valuable Adventure Trip experiences. CORE awards approximately 6 $160 grants to UF students each Fall and Spring semester, as well as up to 2 $160 grants for the Outdoor Leadership Course. If you are interested in learning more about the OLC CORE Grant, then please visit the “How to become a TRiP Leader” tab on this website.
CORE Grant Guidelines
Apply for the CORE Grant!: Students must submit an application in order to be considered for a grant.
- Applications open on this web page on September 1st at noon and close September 15th at noon.
- Must be a current UF student
- Must have a minimum GPA of 2.5
- Must demonstrate financial need for the grant
Successful grant recipients are awarded $160.
- The $160 can be used for Adventure Trip registration or gear rental. Students can use funds to register for multiple trips or workshops if they choose.
- If the registration price is higher than $160, the student will be responsible for paying any remaining balance.
- Grant money is only valid and usable within 1 calendar year from the time is awarded.
- CORE Grants awarded for the Outdoor Leadership Course can only be awarded to students accepted into the course.
Contact the Assistant Director for Outdoor Recreation, Braja Smith, at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.