Apply for the Fall 2020 CORE Grant!
Adventure Trips with the Center for Outdoor Recreation & Education (CORE) have been shown to decrease stress levels and increase a sense of belonging. The Department of Recreational Sports believes that these factors, in addition to physical activity, are key components of a successful student.
The CORE Grant aims to reduce financial barriers for UF students to participate in valuable Adventure Trip experiences. Each Fall and Spring semester, CORE will award several $50 grants to UF students.
CORE Grant Guidelines
Apply for the CORE Grant!: Students must submit an application in order to be considered for a grant.
- Applications close on November 9th, 2020.
What You Receive: Each grant recipient will be awarded a $50 grant.
- The $50 can be used for Adventure Trip registration or gear rental. Students can use funds to register for multiple trips or workshops if they choose.
- If the registration price is higher than $50, the student will be responsible for paying any remaining balance.
- Grant money is only valid and usable within 1 calendar year from the time is awarded.
- Must be a current UF student
- Must have a minimum GPA of 2.5
- Must demonstrate financial need for the grant
Feel free to contact the Assistant Director for Outdoor Recreation, Braja Smith with any questions.