How to Become a TRiP Leader
- Want to learn the skills to guide others in the wilderness?
- Want to develop your leadership in a unique way?
- Want to work for CORE’s Travel and Recreation Program (TRiP)?
Learn More At The Information Session:
October 23 at 8pm at CORE (1441 Bledsoe Drive)
Bring your resume and cover letter for constructive feedback on tailoring a resume for outdoor recreation
You will gain competence in group management, risk management and technical outdoor skills through interactive experiences in the classroom and in the field. Upon successful course completion, you will be eligible to hold a TRiP Leader position for the Center for Outdoor Recreation and Education (CORE).
This course will meet every Tuesday from 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm at CORE.
There is an option to receive up to 3 UF credit hours.
Apply To Enroll In The Spring 2020 Outdoor Leadership Course (OLC)!
By November 10 2019 at 11:59pm
Make sure to include in your cover letter;
- Why is outdoor recreation important?
- What would CORE gain from having you as a TRiP Leader?
- Why do you want to be a TRiP Leader?
Upon review of your application, you may be asked to attend a group interview on November 23rd from 9:00 am – 3:00 pm at Lake Wauburg.
Course Cost Includes:
- Weekly training classes every Tuesday from 3-6 pm
- Florida Outdoor Recreation Association (FLORA) Conference
- January 31 – February 2 at O’Leno State Park
- Training Trips:
- Canoeing Training: January 18 – 19, 2019
- Backpacking Training: March 21 -22, 2019
- Surfing Training: April 4, 2019
- Stand-Up-Paddleboarding Training: March 18, 2019
- iMMERSiON Training: May 4 -10
- Basic Water Safety Certification: Date TBD
- You are required to attend weekly TRiP meetings every Wednesday from 8-9pm at CORE.
- You are required to attend all trainings and certifications listed above in order to enroll in the course.
Course Cost Does NOT Include:
A Wilderness First Responder (WFR) certification must be obtained outside of class by the beginning of Fall 2020 to be eligible to apply for a TRiP Leader position with CORE.
CORE will be hosting a WFR for a discounted price during Spring Break 2020.
- You must be available for the entire week of Feb 29 -Mar 7 if you choose this option