How to Become a TRiP Leader
- Want to learn the skills to guide others in the wilderness?
- Want to develop your leadership in a unique way?
- Want to work for CORE’s Travel and Recreation Program (TRiP)?
- Taking the spring Outdoor Leadership Course (OLC) is a prerequisite to lead outdoor trips for CORE. Submissions for this year are closed. Submit your application in Fall 2021 for next year’s class by checking this page for updates!
Course Cost Includes:
Weekly training classes (one day per week for 3 hours) TBD
Florida Outdoor Recreation Association (FLORA) Conference on Zoom
- Canoeing Training
- Backpacking Training
- Surfing Training
- Mountain Bike Training
- iMMERSiON Training
- Basic Water Safety Certification: Date TBD
You are required to attend weekly TRiP meetings once a week for one hour, day and time TBD
You are required to attend all trainings and certifications listed above in order to enroll in the course.
Course Cost Does NOT Include:
A Wilderness First Responder (WFR) certification must be obtained outside of class to be eligible to be hired as a TRiP Leader. We will be hosting a WFR for a discounted price in May break 2021 for any students that currently do not have it and that will be taking the Outdoor Leadership Course in Spring.
Call: (352) 294-1044
Visit: 1441 Bledsoe Drive
E-mail: Braja Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org