The American Red Cross Lifeguarding course is designed to teach skills and knowledge to prevent, recognize, and respond to aquatic emergencies and to provide care for breathing and cardiac emergencies, injuries and sudden illnesses until emergency medical services take over. This class includes, Lifeguarding, First Aid, CPR/AED. Certification is current for 2 years. Candidates MUST pass a prerequisite swimming skill evaluation, attend all class dates & complete required online training (approx. 7 hours).
Prerequisite Swimming Skills Evaluation
- 300-yard continuous swim using the front crawl, breaststroke or a combination of both
- Tread water using legs only for 2 minutes without support or stopping
- Within 1 minute and 40 seconds, swim 20 yards, surface dive to 7 - 10 feet and retrieve a 10lb brick. Return to surface and swim back to starting point with both hands holding brick and keeping face at the surface. Exit the water without using ladder or steps.
Spring 2019 Course Offering:
- Session A; February 4th - 16th:
- Monday, February 4th: 5-6 pm (prerequisite swim skills evaluation)
- Friday, February 8th: 5 pm - 9 pm
- Saturday, February 9th: 9 am - 3 pm*
- Sunday, February 10th: 9 am - 3 pm*
- Friday, February 15th: 5 pm - 9 pm
- Saturday, February 16th: 9 am - 3 pm*
- Session B; April 8th - 20th:
- Monday, April 8th: 5-6 pm (prerequisite swim skills evaluation)
- Friday, April 12th: 5 pm - 9 pm
- Saturday, April 13th: 9 am - 3 pm*
- Sunday, April 14th: 9 am - 3 pm*
- Friday, April 19th: 5 pm - 9 pm
- Saturday, April 20th: 9 am - 3 pm*
* - A lunch break will be provided on these class days
Registration opens approx. 2 months prior to the first day of class & closes the Friday prior to the first day of class.
For additional information, contact Jessica Dehn at 352-273-2415 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information about the American Red Cross Lifeguarding Recertification course, click here.
- RecSports Member: $195
- RecSports Employee: $165
- Non-Member: $215
Register with RSconnect Refund Policies