The Southwest Recreation Center (SWRC) is a 140,000 sq. ft. state-of-the-art facility. More than two million students have used the SWRC since opening in the Fall of 1994.
See how busy the SWRC is before you go. Check out our web cameras.
- 14,000 sq. ft. Strength and Conditioning Room
- Six Indoor Basketball Courts
- Five Racquetball Courts
- Multipurpose Gymnasium for Indoor Soccer, Handball and Basketball
- 15,000 sq. ft. split-level cardio room with personal viewing screens
- First Floor includes state of the art cardio equipment, a functional fitness area with kettlebells, light-weight dumbbells, a throwing wall and benches
- Second Floor includes state of the art cardio equipment and a 1/9 mile indoor track
- Two Massage Therapy rooms
- Personal Training studio
- Fitness Assessment Center (FAC)
- Athletic Training room
- Three Activity rooms
- Men's and Women's locker rooms with digital locks
- Day lockers
- Social lounge equipped with seating areas, flat screen TVs, WiFi and a smoothie bar
The Southwest Recreation Center is located at the corner of Hull Road and Bledsoe Drive across from the Harn Museum and the Center for the Performing Arts.
Strength & Conditioning and Free Orientations
Southwest Recreation Center and Student Fitness & Recreation Center are staffed with trained Fitness Associates and Fitness Supervisors to ensure the safety of participants and assist in basic exercise selection or performing exercise that may need to be spotted.
We offer free orientations for anyone interested in learning more about the weight and cardio rooms.
- Having trouble finding your way around?
- Puzzled about getting set up with weight equipment?
- Curious about how to enhance your workout on cardio equipment?
Ask a Fitness Associate in our facilities to conduct your orientation today. Group orientations are also available.
|Southwest Recreation Center||Closed|
|Memberships & Administration (SWRC)||8:00 AM – 5:00 PM|
|Fitness Training Center (SWRC)||Closed|
|Massage Therapy (SWRC)||Closed|
|Olympic Lifting Platforms (SWRC)||Closed|
*These hours are subject to change and always based on the availability of the Southwest Recreation Center hours of operation.
Click here for the weekly hours table.
Accessibility and Accommodations
The majority of funding for UF Department of Recreational Sports comes from A&S fees paid by most current UF students. Non-student membership rates and access policies, including those for guests and spectators, are established to protect the interests of fee-paying students.
A non-member or non-fee-paying student must purchase a guest pass for access to services and programs including:
- Southwest Recreation Center and Student Recreation & Fitness Center
- Group Fitness Classes
- Participation or spectatorship of programming, including indoor Intramural Sports and other special events, at Southwest Recreation Center and Student Recreation & Fitness Center
Purchasing a Guest Pass for Member Facilities and Services
- Credit Cards: Guest passes for Member Facilities and Services can be purchased by credit card using our online check out.
- Cash or Checks: Visit Membership Services, located inside the Administrative Offices of the Southwest Recreation Center, during the hours listed below.
Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Phone: (352) 273-2436
Guest and Spectator Policies for Southwest Recreation Center and Student Recreation & Fitness Center
- Persons wishing to be a guest must purchase a $10 single-use guest pass for access to a recreation and fitness center.
- All guests must be sponsored and accompanied by a fee-paying student or a member of the recreation and fitness centers.
- Faculty, staff and affiliates of the University of Florida may purchase a guest pass using their own Gator 1 card and will not be required to have an accompanying sponsor.
- Guests must be at least 18 years old.
- To gain access to a recreation and fitness center, guests must check-in with a government issued picture identification, a single use guest pass, and an accompanying sponsor.
- Sponsors are responsible for the conduct and actions of their guests.
- Faculty, Staff, and Spouses/Partners of Students/Faculty/Staff wishing to participate in sport clubs and Intramural Sports in the recreation and fitness centers may utilize the single use guest pass for access to the facility.
- Guests that are not Faculty, Staff, and Spouses/Partners of Students/Faculty/Staff are not eligible to check out equipment, reserve courts, participate in personal training, intramural sports, and/or sport clubs.
- Persons wishing to spectate intramural events must have a current UF student or RecSports member register for a spectator pass with the Membership Office Monday-Friday between 8 a.m.-8 p.m, by phone or in person.
- The single-use spectator pass will be required for the spectator to enter the facility. The sponsor will need to accompany the spectator; the spectator will be provided a wristband to wear while in the facility. The wristband must be returned at the conclusion of the event and removed by staff to prevent a $15 charge from being issued to the sponsors’ student account.
- Individuals seeking access to the recreation and fitness centers may not solicit members to sponsor them as a guest.
- The management of the recreation and fitness centers reserves the right to refuse access to any guest.
Equipment checkout stations are available at Southwest Recreation Center, Student Recreation & Fitness Center and Broward Outdoor Recreation Complex. Items intended for use within the facility have a 24-hour checkout window, while items intended for outdoor use may be kept for up to 48 hours. In either case, an automatic e-mail is sent if items are not returned after the appropriate period.
For equipment rental/reservation for a special event please e-mail email@example.com
Southwest Recreation Center Equipment Check Out
Indoor and Outdoor Volleyballs
Indoor Men/Women Basketballs
Indoor and Outdoor Soccer Balls
Flag Football Flags