The Student Recreation & Fitness Center is centrally located on the University of Florida campus. The Student Recreation & Fitness Center (SRFC) is more than 37,000 sq. ft. and was the first facility dedicated to recreation on the University of Florida campus in the Fall of 1991.
See how busy SRFC is before you go. Check out our web cameras.
- Multipurpose Gymnasium for Basketball, Volleyball and Martial Arts
- 6,300 sq. ft. Strength & Conditioning Room
- Three Activity Rooms and One Cycle Studio
- Functional Training Room
- Five Racquetball Courts
- Two Squash Courts
- Includes state-of-the-art cardio equipment with personal viewing screens
The Student Recreation and Fitness Center is building number 265. Located on Fletcher Drive, beside the Student Health Care Center.
Strength & Conditioning and Free Orientations
Southwest Recreation Center and Student Fitness & Recreation Center are staffed with trained Fitness Associates and Fitness Supervisors to ensure the safety of participants and assist in basic exercise selection or performing exercise that may need to be spotted.
We offer free orientations for anyone interested in learning more about the weight and cardio rooms.
- Having trouble finding your way around?
- Puzzled about getting set up with weight equipment?
- Curious about how to enhance your workout on cardio equipment?
Ask a Fitness Associate in our facilities to conduct your orientation today. Group orientations are also available.
|Student Recreation & Fitness Center||6:00 AM – 12:00 AM|
*These hours are subject to change and always based on the availability of the Southwest Recreation Center hours of operation.
Click here for the weekly hours table.
Accessibility & Accomodations
The majority of funding for UF Department of Recreational Sports comes from A&S fees paid by most current UF students. Non-student membership rates and access policies, including those for guests and spectators, are established to protect the interests of fee-paying students.
Guests to Member Facilities and Services
A non-member or non-fee-paying student must purchase a guest pass for access to services and programs including:
- Southwest Recreation Center and Student Recreation & Fitness Center
- Group Fitness Classes
- Participation or spectatorship of indoor programming including indoor Intramural Sports and other special events
Purchasing a Guest Pass for Member Facilities and Services
- Credit Cards: Guest passes for Member Facilities and Services can be purchased by credit card using our online check out or our lobby kiosks in SWRC and SRFC.
- Cash or Checks: Visit Membership Services, located inside the Administrative Offices of the Southwest Recreation Center, during the hours listed below.
Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Phone: (352) 273-2436
Guest and Spectator Policies for Southwest Recreation Center and Student Recreation & Fitness Center
- Persons wishing to be a guest must purchase a $10 single use guest pass for access to a recreation and fitness center.
- All guests must be sponsored and accompanied by a fee paying student or a member of the recreation and fitness centers.
- Faculty, staff and affiliates of the University of Florida may purchase a guest pass using their own Gator 1 card and will not be required to have an accompanying sponsor.
- Guests must be at least 18 years old.
- To gain access to a recreation and fitness center, guests must check-in with a government issued picture identification, a single use guest pass, and an accompanying sponsor.
- Sponsors are responsible for the conduct and actions of their guests.
- Faculty, Staff, and Spouses/Partners of Students/Faculty/Staff wishing to participate in sport clubs and Intramural Sports in the recreation and fitness centers may utilize the single use guest pass for access to the facility.
- Guests that are not Faculty, Staff, and Spouses/Partners of Students/Faculty/Staff are not eligible to check out equipment, reserve courts, participate in personal training, intramural sports, and/or sport clubs.
- Persons wishing to spectate intramural events must have a current UF student or RecSports member register for a spectator pass with the Membership Office Monday-Friday between 8 a.m.-7 p.m, by phone or in person.
- The single use spectator pass will be required for the spectator to enter the facility. The sponsor will need to accompany the spectator; the spectator will be provided a wristband to wear while in the facility. The wristband must be returned at the conclusion of the event and removed by staff to prevent a $15 charge from being issued to the sponsors’ student account.
- Individuals seeking access to the recreation and fitness centers may not solicit members to sponsor them as a guest.
- The management of the recreation and fitness centers reserves the right to refuse access to any guest.
- Individuals seeking admittance to the recreation and fitness centers may not solicit members to sponsor them as a guest.
Equipment check out stations are available at Southwest Recreation Center, Student Recreation & Fitness Center and Broward Outdoor Recreation Complex. Items intended for use within the facility have a 24 hour checkout window, while items intended for outdoor use may be kept for up to 48 hours. In either case, an automatic e-mail is sent if items are not returned after the appropriate period.
For equipment rental/reservation for a special event please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student Recreation & Fitness Center Equipment Check Out
Indoor Men/Women Basketballs