All boating is weather-dependent. Wind, rain, and lightning conditions may create temporary closures. Active UFID Holders can rent the following, free of charge.
- Boats Available for Check-Out
- Single Kayak
- Double Kayak
- Stand-Up Paddleboard
- Jon Boat
- You are permitted to bring your own trolling motor
- Hobie Cat Wave Sailboat
- Sail Test required (see section below)
Lake Wauburg has six Hobie Cat Wave sailboats. Sailing is first-come, first-served during operational hours.
- Sail Test
- Successful completion of a Sail Test is required to check out a Hobie Cat Wave Sailboat.
- Sail Tests take place at North Shore from Wednesday – Friday between 12 p.m. –4:30 p.m.
- Tests are first-come, first–served.
- Tests are not administered Saturday or Sunday.
- Prep for your Sail Test
- Tests comprise of a written and practical portion.
- Review the Sailing Study Guide to prep for the test!
- Sailing 101 Skills Workshop
- Take a 3-hour workshop with us to learn all the skills you need to pass your Sail Test with ease.
UF Club Sailing
- Reach out to UF Club Sailing if you are interested in becoming eligible to sail the FJs
Lake Wauburg’s North Park and South Shore are open to current UF Students, Faculty, Staff and Affiliates with active Gator 1 Cards.
A Gator 1 Card holder may bring up to 4 guests.
Guests are to arrive in a vehicle with the Gator 1 Card holder or in the next immediate vehicle.
The Gator 1 Card holder must remain with their guests.
The following equipment is available for checkout at Lake Wauburg. See a staff member or visit the boat house for more information.
- Bocce Balls
- Canoe (2-3 people)
- Disc Golf Discs (South Shore)
- Footballs and Flags
- John Boats (Up to 5 Persons)
- Kayaks (1 & 2 Person)
- Ladder Golf
- Mountain Bikes and Helmets (South Shore)
- Paddle Boards (North Park/ Swim Check Required)
- Pedal Boats (Up to 4 Persons)
- Sailboats (Sail Card Required) (North Park)
- Soccer Balls
- Tether Ball
- Ultimate Frisbees (South Shore)