All boating is weather-dependent. Wind, rain, and lightning conditions may create temporary closures. Active UFID Holders can rent the following, free of charge.
- Boats Available for Check-Out
- Single Kayak
- Double Kayak
- Stand-Up Paddleboard
- Jon Boat
- You are permitted to bring your own trolling motor
- Hobie Cat Wave Sailboat
- Sail Test required (see section below)
- Sail Test
- Successful completion of a Sail Test is required to check out a Hobie Cat Wave Sailboat.
- Sail Tests take place at North Shore from Wednesday – Friday between 12 p.m. –4:30 p.m.
- Tests are first-come, first–served.
- Tests are not administered Saturday or Sunday.
- Prep for your Sail Test
- Tests comprise of a written and practical portion.
- Review the Sailing Study Guide to prep for the test!
- Sailing 101 Skills Workshop
- Take a 3-hour workshop with us to learn all the skills you need to pass your Sail Test with ease.
Hobie Cat Wave Sailing
- Bookings are weather-dependent and may be cancelled if it is unsafe to be on the water
- Successful completion of a Sail Test is required to book a Hobie Hour
- Secure your spot up to one week in advance
- Day-of and walk-up bookings are also available
- Bookings are limited to one per day
- Each booking is one hour in length
- Booking will be forfeited if patron is over 15 minutes late
- Booking end times will not be adjusted if patron is late
- A confirmation email will be sent upon booking
UF Club Sailing
- Reach out to UF Club Sailing if you are interested in becoming eligible to sail the FJs