The O’Connell Center Pool is located on the lower level of the Stephen C. O’Connell Center between Gates 2 and 3. This indoor facility boasts an 8 lane Olympic size pool (50 meters) that can be divided into two 25 yard sections or two 25 meter sections.
The pool deck provides access to locker room facilities. The pool is also accessible by an aquatic lift to assist swimmers with disabilities.
- Hours are subject to change for holidays, breaks when school is not in session, Gator football home games, maintenance, etc.
- Please check the Adjusted Hours page for scheduled closures and cancellations.
Other Pool Locations
- Broward Pool
- Graham Pool
- Florida Pool
Patrons must present a valid student, faculty, staff or spouse/partner Gator 1 Card to enter the pools.
The majority of funding for UF Department of Recreational Sports comes from A&S fees paid by most current UF students. Non-student membership rates and access policies, including those for guests and spectators, are established to protect the interests of fee-paying students.
Guests to Member Facilities and Services
A non-member or non-fee-paying student must purchase a guest pass for access to services and programs including:
- Southwest Recreation Center and Student Recreation & Fitness Center
- Group Fitness Classes
- Participation or spectatorship of indoor programming including indoor Intramural Sports and other special events
Purchasing a Guest Pass for Member Facilities and Services
- Online: Visit RS Connect to create your account and purchase your guest pass
- In Person: Visit Membership Services, located inside the Administrative Offices of the Southwest Recreation Center, during the hours listed below.
Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Phone: (352) 273-2436
Guest and Spectator Policies for Southwest Recreation Center and Student Recreation & Fitness Center
- Persons wishing to be a guest must purchase a Recreational Sports guest pass. Options include a one-day $10 guest pass for access to one recreation facility or a one-day $15 guest pass for access to multiple recreation facilities.
- Guests must present a government issued picture identification and be sponsored and accompanied by a fee paying student or a member of the recreation and fitness centers.
- Faculty, staff and affiliates of the University of Florida may purchase a guest pass and are not required to have an accompanying sponsor.
- Guest passes are available for access to the following facilities: Southwest Recreation Center, Student Recreation and Fitness Center, Broward Outdoor Recreation Complex, Florida Pool and the O’Connell Center Pool only. (Note: Access to some programs & services are not included in guest pass privileges)
- Guest passes are not eligible for refunds.
- Guests must be at least 18 years old.
- Sponsors are responsible for the conduct and actions of their guests.
- Faculty, Staff, and Spouses/Partners of Students/Faculty/Staff wishing to participate in Sport Clubs and Intramural Sports in the recreation and fitness centers may utilize a guest pass for access to the facility.
- Guests that are not Faculty, Staff, and Spouses/Partners of Students/Faculty/Staff are not eligible to check out equipment, reserve courts, participate in personal training, Intramural Sports, and/or Sport Clubs.
- Persons wishing to spectate Intramural Sports events must have a current UF student or RecSports member register for a spectator pass.
- The single use Spectator Pass Wristband will be required for the spectator to enter the facility. The sponsor will need to accompany the spectator, and spectator must wear the wristband while in the facility. The Spectator Pass Wristband allows for spectating of intramural events only, not open recreation. If a child under 18 is spectating, the parent or legal guardian must be with them at all times. The wristband must be returned at the conclusion of the event and removed by RecSports staff at the front desk to prevent a $15 charge being issued to the sponsors’ student account. All parties, including the sponsor and spectator, acknowledge the above information by signing the spectator pass agreement upon entering the facility.
- Individuals seeking access to a recreation and fitness center may not solicit members to sponsor them as a guest.
- RecSports management reserves the right to refuse access to any guest.