The Sport Clubs Council with guidance from professional staff has the discretion to determine if the following criteria has been met.
• The Club must be physical and athletic in nature.
• The Club must show the existence of a national or regional governing body.
• The Club must maintain a schedule against outside competition.
• The Club must have access to a safe, suitable practice venue for the sport. The venue must have the capacity for future growth.
Candidates must demonstrate the following:
• The Club must be registered with the Center for Student Involvement.
• The Club must have enough members to field a team for a team sport and at least 10 active members.
• The Club must actively promote their sport to the general student body.
• The Club cannot significantly duplicate an existing sport club or other campus program.
• The Club must demonstrate financial stability through fundraising and other sources of revenue.