If you like constant scenic views and challenging terrain, this TRiP is for you! Big Sur is The Greatest Meeting of Land & Sea, where the forests of Big Sur meet the Pacific Ocean. This TRiP starts out in the San Francisco area, where we will stay in tents at a local campground with views of the Golden Gate bridge. A van ride down the Pacific Coast Highway will take us to our trailhead, where the stunning views await! The next 6 days will be spent backpacking through the most scenic stretch of undeveloped coastline in the United States! After backpacking the trail, we will travel back to San Francisco, stopping along the way in Carmel-by-the-Sea, Monterey, Santa Cruz, and at lookout points along the Pacific Coast Highway. This trip is sure to be a memorable and magical experience!
- Group camping equipment (tents etc.)
- All meals (usually vegetarian)
- TRANSPORTATION once we arrive in California
- Experienced Guides
REGISTRATION DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- PLANE TICKET (see more about this below)
- Personal gear (i.e., sleeping bag, backpack, sleeping pad, headlamp). Feel free to rent outdoor gear from us! Participants get 10% off for their TRiP. More info here: http://recsports.ufl.edu/outdoors-adventure/outfitter-rental
- Any food expenditures not related to the backpacking portion of the TRiP, such as at the airport or if we stop somewhere for lunch on the way back to San Francisco on the last day.
- The price of this TRiP DOES NOT include airfare.
- With regard to purchasing your plane ticket, you can do so as early as you want and with any airline as long as it gets you to San Francisco by 11 pm on March 11th.
- However, CORE will not make the final call about whether the TRiP is going out until the February 10th since it is dependent on registration numbers. Therefore, if you have already bought your plane ticket, we would be unable to reimburse you on any cancellation fees you might incur.
- We must fill 9 spots by February 10th for the trip to run. In the event of a trip cancellation, CORE will only refund the cost of the trip registration. CORE will NOT reimburse any other trip-related purchases that may have been made (personal gear, airfare, etc.)
- You DO NOT have to be a UF student, faculty, or staff to attend this TRiP if you are the guest of someone who is.
- Backcountry camping
- No electricity
- No running water
- No flushing toilets
- No showers
CHALLENGE LEVEL = HIGH DIFFICULTY
This TRiP includes hiking with a heavy backpack on varied terrain with approximately 9500 ft of elevation gain and 34 miles over 6 days. All CORE trips include instruction on basic backpacking skills. Feel free to reach out to Will Labrit at email@example.com if you have questions regarding the difficulty of this TRiP.
Your mandatory pre-trip meeting date and time will be listed on your receipt email.
Follow us on Instagram @coreuf.
- TRiPs cannot be transferred.
- TRiP refunds will be granted only if:
- TRiP is cancelled by CORE.
- A paid replacement has been found.
- A $10 base processing charge or 15% of the registration price, whichever is greater, will be assessed.
- Replacement requests must be made at least 2 weeks prior to the scheduled service offering start date.
- Participant has documented medical circumstances preventing participation.