Join Florida Alternative Breaks (FAB) as we journey through the Pisgah National Forest near Black Balsam to complete trail mantenance in the nearby pine forest! This will be a unique backcountry experience exploring the area while also giving back by preserving it for future use. We will be leaving early Friday morning and returning late Sunday evening.
– Group camping equipment (tents etc.)
– All meals (usually vegetarian)
Registration Does Not Include:
– Personal gear (i.e. sleeping bag, backpack, sleeping pad, headlamp). Feel free to rent outdoor gear from us! Participants get 10% off for their TRiP. More info here: http://recsports.ufl.edu/outdoors-adventure/outfitter-rental
– Backcountry camping
– No electricity
– No running water
– No flushing toilets
– No showers
Your mandatory pre-trip meeting date and time will be listed on your receipt email.
1. Trips can not be transferred.
2. Trip refunds will be granted only if:
a. Trip is cancelled by CORE.
b. A paid replacement has been found.
i. A $10 base processing charge or 15% of the registration price, whichever is greater, will be assesed.
ii. Replacement requests must be made at least 2 weeks prior to the scheduled service offering start date.
c. Participant has documented medical circumstances preventing participatation.
If this trip is full, call CORE at 352-294-1040 to get on the waiting list.