The Facility Operations Team manages the daily operations of the Southwest Recreation Center, Student Recreation & Fitness Center, as well as the Broward Outdoor Recreation Complex. Operations Associates serve RecSports participants by preparing the buildings for opening and closing, controlling facility access, overseeing equipment checkout, and providing participants with information that will assist in their experience with RecSports.
Area Specific Job Responsibilities
• Ensure the smooth and efficient operations of each facility
• Supervise activity in programmed and non-programmed spaces
• Oversee and monitor the Equipment Room
• Assist program participants and facility users regularly, on the phone and in person, with all aspects of the Recreational Sports Program. Make referrals to appropriate areas as necessary
• Be knowledgeable of all Recreational Sports and University programs.
• Respond to all injuries and assist in immediate first aid and proper emergency procedures
RecSports Team Member Responsibilities
• Develop professional relationships with co-workers, participants and guests
• Uphold and exceed the expectations of the Cornerstones of RecSports Service: accountability, anticipating needs, attitude, and atmosphere
• Demonstrate a desire to learn and apply knowledge as a RecSports ambassador
• Take ownership of RecSports facilities and programs by exhibiting a responsible work ethic
• Promote and maintain cleanliness and appearance within and surrounding RecSports facilities
• Enforce RecSports policies and procedures to promote participant safety and satisfaction
• Respond to all emergency situations and adhere to established protocol including pre- and post- incident procedures
• Commit 9-12 hours/week
• Availability during opening, Friday nights and/ or weekend shifts
• Successful completion of Department training requirements once hired
• Previous experience working in a customer service role (preferred)
• Previous experience utilizing a point of sale or other computer management system (preferred)
LET'S GET MOVING!
– Round 1: March 23rd
– Round 2: March 26th and 27th
Onboarding Meetings will take place during the week of April 14, 2020.
Training will be conducted on May 4th and 5th.